Test. Trace. Protect.
To keep Wales safe.
The following advice will help to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and keep you, your friends, family, and community safe.
If you get symptoms of Coronavirus:
• Loss of taste or smell,
• A continuous cough or
• Fever (high temperature)
1. Self-isolate with your entire household immediately.
(follow self-isolation guidance:https://gov.wales/self-isolation-stay-home-guidance-households-possible-coronavirus).
2. Book a test on the first day of your symptoms.
You can apply for a test online:https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-test
Or call 119 for free between 7am and 11pm.
People with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119
Tests take place at drive through testing centres or can be posted to your home.
If you choose a home testing kit, a video to show you how to take the test can be found here:https://gov.wales/using-coronavirus-home-testing-kit
3. If your test is negative, no further action is needed and you and your household can stop isolating, providing there are no new symptoms of coronavirus.
4. If you test positive you will be contacted by a contact tracer from the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect Service.
• You will be asked to share the details of people you have been in close contact with up to 2 days before your symptoms started.
• The contact tracer will give you advice on what to do next.
• A contact tracer will then get in touch with your close contacts. They will be told they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, but your identity will not be revealed unless you have given your permission.
• They will be given support and advised to self-isolate for 14 days from their last contact with you, and offered a test if they have symptoms.
Contact tracers do not monitor where you’ve been or what you’ve been doing. You will not be reported when giving information about your contacts and your movements. We only use the information to stop the spread of the virus.
Further information about testing and contact tracing can be found here:https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
Be Aware of Scammers
Contact from the NHS Wales Trace, Test, Protect service will only be from these official channels:
• Calls will be made from: 02921 961133
• Texts will be sent from: +447775106684
• Emails will be sent from: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
• Make any form of payment or purchase a product – a coronavirus test and advice from the service is free
• Give out any of your bank details
• Give out any passwords, PINs or set up any over the phone
• Download any software to your computer or tablet
• Dial a premium rate number to speak to anyone
If in any doubt, hang up or do not respond.
Protect yourself and others
Testing and contact tracing are only one way of preventing the spread of the virus. It is vital that we all continue to:
• Always stay at least 2 metres apart from people you don’t live with. This also applies in the workplace: breaks, meetings and travel to and from work.
• Catch coughs or sneeze into tissues, dispose of them and clean your hands as soon as possible
• Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
• Do not touch your face unless you have thoroughly cleaned your hands
• Regularly disinfect surfaces and objects at home and work#
• Wear a three layer face covering when required or in enclosed spaces where social distancing is difficult
The most effective way to protect yourself and others from Coronavirus is to follow these steps.
Anyone who has Coronavirus symptoms should not go out, even if they are wearing a face covering.